This agitator, newly developed by Big Dutchman, constantly adjusts its position to the filling level in the mixing tank for liquid feeding. A really good mix of all ingredients of a recipe is essential to ensure that all pigs receive the nutrients required for a good performance. Whether the feed quantities are small or large, the level-controlled agitator guarantees that all feed components are ideally mixed in the mixing tank. This is important:
- for sensor feeding, as the feed quantities are continuously adapted to the pigs’ demand for this type of feeding;
- for groups of different sizes which have to be supplied with different recipes.
A further advantage is that hygiene inside the tank is improved because very little liquid hits the walls, particularly if there is only a small quantity of feed in the tank.
- all components of the feed are mixed ideally, irrespective of the filling level;
- a constantly homogeneous mixture leaves the mixing tank;
- a homogeneous mixture inside the mixing tank is an important prerequisite for exact metering of the feed at the individual feed valves;
- both metering quality and precision are increased;
- hygiene in the tank is improved thanks to less liquid hitting the walls if small quantities are to be mixed;
- the agitator can be retrofitted into existing Big Dutchman liquid feeding systems.