Animal-friendly management systems, a good climate in the barn, emission reduction and labour efficiency are the requirements of today and tomorrow.
The Big Dutchman PureLine products stand for increased animal welfare; they are sustainable, easy on the environment and make good economic sense. It does not matter whether you produce conventionally or for an animal welfare label, or whether you want to start organic production.
Use the modular Big Dutchman system to realise your project: from managing sows in the insemination and gestation area all the way to farrowing, rearing and finishing.
Concepts for the insemination and gestation area
Keeping sows in groups during gestation not only increases their well-being but also improves their body condition. They are thus well-prepared for farrowing. Big Dutchman can offer a wide range of excellent options for group housing. Managing sows in groups provides the animals with plenty freedom of movement at any time, whether individual stalls are used or not. The most important factor is that the selected system fits your farm’s individual requirements.
- The sow stalls »Easy Lock« and »BD« offer the sows all benefits of animal-friendly group housing. Feed is supplied in the stalls.
- In the sow arena, the animals have much room to satisfy their need for movement directly after weaning. This also has a positive effect on the start of the sows’ next heat:
- The CallBackpro feeding system unites the advantages of managing sows in free-access stalls with those of an electronic sow feeding (ESF) system.
- CallMatic3pro is an innovative feeding system for pregnant sows kept in groups.
- An outdoor area can be combined with any type of management and feeding system, as long as there are no structural or legal obstacles.
Concepts for the farrowing area
During farrowing and in the following lactation period, sow and piglets are granted much more room with the Big Dutchman PureLine solutions. Piglets need a protected space during this time, while the sow manager focuses on ease of use and a good overview. Big Dutchman can offer different concepts, from the variable-restraint pen and free-movement pen to free farrowing and group housing of pregnant sows.
- With ActiWel, Big Dutchman has developed a variable-restraint pen that provides ideal conditions and plenty of room for the sow and her piglets in their first weeks of life.
- Agilo HL means a group housing concept where the farrowing frame remains open all the time after it is opened manually, i.e. it can only be closed manually by the staff.
- Agilo FB means a group housing concept where the sow can open and close the farrowing pen independently.
- Agilo RS is a third system for the group housing of sows developed by Big Dutchman. Farrowing takes place in a separate area.
- In the NaturalCare free-movement pen from Big Dutchman, sows give birth without any restraints.
- Free farrowing means that the sow is not restrained by any farrowing frames.
Concepts for piglet rearing and finishing
Big Dutchman has a large number of animal friendly housing systems available for piglet rearing and pig finishing, including straw systems that do not produce any slurry, management in large groups and open-air pig housing. Another important focus features measures that reduce emissions, such as the immediate separation of faeces and urine or the use of straw on continuous solid floors.
- Xaletto® is a new management system with proven profitability for animal-friendly and environmentally sound piglet rearing and pig finishing on straw. The basis of this method includes a special ventilation system, a specifically developed feed type, and a compost activator.
- Havito® stands for an animal-friendly pig production method that produces reduced emissions whilst maintaining profitability. The Havito® concept patented by Big Dutchman features a completely new pen layout with solid concrete flooring and a connected system for manure removal called PigT.
- Pig houses with outside run or open fronts and open-air pig houses are another step towards more animal welfare. An open-air run contributes to a clear distinction between the different areas of the house: lying, eating and activity and an area for defecating.
- The automatic sorting scale TriSortpro provides an animal-friendly management and feeding concept that creates optimum housing conditions for the animals during finishing. Large groups ensure ample freedom of movement and allow for pigs lower in the hierarchy to avoid contact with the more dominant ones.
Pigs need to be occupied! They have to drink, feed and rest – but they also need to be active during the remaining time and search for diversion and toys. In order to satisfy this need and to prevent behaviour problems, Big Dutchman offers different solutions so you can deliver and offer mostly organic manipulable material to your pigs as easily as possible.
Roughage has a positive influence on gut health and thus on your pigs’ well-being. The Big Dutchman dispenser allows you to store straw in a very practicable way and to automate roughage provision. It can be installed either in the feed kitchen or outside, in which case it has to be equipped with a lid.
- Dispenser for roughage
- Straw feeders and racks
- Pellet feeders and other enrichment material (Scratching post, Holder for chewing sticks etc.)